Swivel joints Chiksan® type
A swivel joint Chiksan® type is a component in a piping system that allows fluid circulation whilst maintaining articulation and inbuilt rotation between 2 fixed ends of the piping system. Applications can be for temporary and fixed installations. Most common swivels employ male/female housings, a bearing - usually of ball race design and a sealing mechanism between the male and the female components of the housing.
- loading systems
- temporary piping system around the wellhead (cementing operations, BOP and choke lines, etc.)
- flare lines
- hydraulically powered machinery, sewer units, etc.
How to select your swivel joint Chiksan® type?
- Max operating pressure.
- Min and Max operating temperature (fluid).
- Max flow rate.
2 - Fluid characteristics: (abrasive & corrosive content).
3 - Mechanical constraints:
- Radial & axial loads.
- Rotating speed.
4 - Service and environmental conditions:
- Ambient temperature & environment (indoor, outdoor).
- Service frequency (time per day).
- Piping system configuration & line size.
- Swivel style