Pup joints & fittings
Prefabricated Pup joints & fittings are used for temporary operations and removable piping systems.
Each component is fitted with wing union ends for fast and easy installation.
Commonly used in upstream Oil & Gas well sites it can be useful in all industrial applications.
Fluid Service: (Standard or Sour gas)
Multiphase oil and gas well effluent, drilling fluids, water, chemicals, abrasive and corrosive fluids, cement, refined hydrocarbons, hydraulic oil, etc...
Norms & standards:
API 14E , NACE MR 01-75, ANSI B31-3, PED, CE compliance on request.
Temperature Rating (depending on material choice):
- Standard: -29°C (-20°F) to +121°C (250°F)
- Low Temperature: -40°C (-40°F) to +121°C (250°F)
- High Temperature: -29°C (-20°F) to + 177°C (350°F)
- Buttweld ends to ANSI B31-3
- NPT Threaded ends
- NPST Threaded ends
- Wing Unions
- Flanges (ANSI B16-5 or API 6A)
- Hubs (API 16A or Clamp connector type)
- Radiography (% per client specification)
- Liquid Penetrant test (% per client specification)
- Charpy impact tests for low-temperature service
- Pressure Test
- Full Traceability
- Third party witness & inspection as an Option
Sour Gas Specifications:
- Minimum 10% hardness test or to client specification
- Viton seals
- Material characteristics per NACE MR01-75
- 3 Coat polyurethane paint system
- Painting to client specifications on request
Each element is serialised and data is engraved onto individual stainless steel collar.
Pressure rating is easily identified with stencilled or painted colour band(s) and rating markings.
PIPING SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
Straight pipe (pup joint)
Standard lengths 0.5m, 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m & 5m. Lenght in feet available on request.
Generally Long Radius (1.5 D) 90° or 45°. Short radius on special request.
90° elbow made from a tee and a cap on opposite end to inlet. The cap is lead filled in order to protect the elbow against erosion.
Six combinations of equal tee fittings are available. When ordering tees, specify your requested position of male and female ends from left to right and perpendicular branch (M for male, F for female) as shown on figure: 1 x 2 x 3.
SPECIAL FITTINGS FOR PIPING SYSTEMS
Special formats may be required in some piping systems such as wyes, laterals and crosses.
FCE manufactures special fittings to client requirement comprising special shapes or specific materials.
SPECIAL FITTINGS FOR MOVABLE SYSTEM
Rotating elements (swivel joints) are commonly used in some oilfield applications (pumping, cementing, etc.).
FCE also manufactures cementing and circulating hoses up to 6000 PSI.