In any piping system there are always points to interface between:
- 2 different pressure ratings
- 2 different pipe sizes
- 2 different end connection types
...and some times, all three interfaces together!
Interfaces may be a critical and conflictual issue when it also interfaces between the scope of supply of different companies.
It is essential before you buy a crossover (or X-over) to specify and anticipate all interface points you may need before starting a piping installation.
The following specifications shall be given:
- fluid service (Standard, Sour gas, chemicals, etc.)
- fluid & ambient temperature service
- pressure ratings of both sides
- both sides connection types and sizes
- reference codes and standards
A crossover pressure rating is always the lowest rating of the two piping systems (or equipment rating).